Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Hudsonian Whimbrel !!

I had this post to be published for a long time but due to the lack of  it, things got delayed more than expected. Anyway I will post a few record shots of one of my best bird discoveries ever, a Hudsonian Whimbrel that I found in Marismas de Santoña reservoir in Cantabria (North Spain).

The record has been the second homologated  for Spain and first ever for the Cantabria province!!


Here I show the bests pics of the wonderfull bird (thanks also to my friend David Arranz that stayed with me and helped me with the obtention of the pictures.)

The bird has remained in the area till the second week of april!!



Hudsonian whimbrel.

Hudsonian whimbrel.


Hudsonian whimbrel.


David took this picture with his mphone handholding it to the scope (Kowa 88).


This was the area. Intercoastal mudflats.


Was nice to see my picas the main one of the week in this important Spanish web.

The bird atracted a lot of birders to the corner.

Another twitch in a different day....

No comments:

Post a Comment