Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Monday 19 September 2016

With some waders for a while....

Saludos!

Yesterday (18sep16) I had a good moment in a confortable afternoon at Zolina reservoir.

I saw eight different shorebird species including two Curlew Sandpipers , one of them juvenile.

This bird has been elusive for me this year during the spring migration (there were two sightings at the site) and I didn't expect to see them yesterday (last year I didn't see any here....)

I will write down the list of birds seen (it was a pitty that I didn't manage to relocate if they were still there three Turnstones seen the day before by Mikel, is a rare vagrant here!!).

List
Ruff 2
Little Stint 1
Dunlin 4
Curlew Sandpiper 2
Common Sandpiper 3
Greenshank 1
Ringed plover 10
Common Snipe 2 




Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea)


  One Ringed plover, two Curlew Sandpiper and one Little stint.

No comments:

Post a Comment